Friday, October 14, 2011

Silver Strands

As I think back
on the last day
we were together
I recall so many tiny things
each large in their own way

I think about how hard I wished
to look into your beautiful eyes
just one more time
those beautiful eyes
so blue , so full of emotion

I recall holding your hand
so tiny and slender your fingers
at rest within my own
oh how I prayed to feel the tightening of your grip

I watched as your chest
would rise and fall with each breath
and I began to sing to you
every song I could possibly remember
in hope to bring you comfort

I stared at your soft and beautiful face
and recall each long and glowing
silver strand of your hair
thinking how peaceful you looked
how truly angelic in those last moments

I remember how you use to be a redhead
and a blonde and even a brunette in the years
long past, and I could not help but think
that of all those colors,my favorite would
remain, those silver shining strands.

No comments:

Post a Comment