Saturday, August 3, 2013

Whisper

When the sun slips away
and the moon and stars
fill the night sky
I wonder where you are
at that very moment
and what you are doing

So many miles
between us yet I believe
that love is able to cross
those miles simply by a single thought
a memory, a song, or a mothers'
soft, simple whisper
I love you .

Each parent
must learn to let go
when their child
begins their own journey
it is by far the hardest thing
I have ever had to do

letting go while all the while
holding on , wanting her never
to doubt that I am close by
and that I know she is ready
to use her own wings now

I close my eyes
and can hear the flutter
of those precious wings
as they pass by
and my heart is comforted
for the love we share
is forever
and no measure of distance
can change that fact.
 aug. 3, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment